GREATER POTTSTOWN TENNIS & LEARNING
Inspiring lives on and off the court.
-Greater Pottstown Tennis & Learning won the 2016 USTA Middle States National Junior Tennis & Learning (NJTL) Chapter of the Year Award. The award recognizes an NJTL that offers a wide range of tennis and education opportunities for local youth.
-In June 2016, Kerriann Herdelin was honored as the Middle States Local Hero by the USTA. This award honors 17 individuals and organizations around the country for growing tennis at the grassroots level.
- USTA Middle States selected Greater Pottstown Tennis Association as a 2016 Middle States Premier Provider - CTA (Community Tennis Association).
- In February 2016, Greater Pottstown Tennis & Learning was selected as one of 29 chapters across the country out of 500 National Junior Tennis & Learning (NJTL) organizations to be part of the USTA Foundation Capacity Building Program.
- Greater Pottstown Tennis & Learning, in partnership with Special Olympics Pennsylvania and USTA Middle States, held the second USTA Special Olympics Pennsylvania Tournament at the Hill School on October 11, 2015.
- USTA Middle States selected Greater Pottstown Tennis Association as a 2015 Middle States Premier Provider - CTA (Community Tennis Association).
- Chris Herdelin, Head Pro, was selected to serve on the USTA Middle States Coaches Commission for 2015-2016.
- Tennis magazine (Nov/Dec 2013) listed Greater Pottstown Tennis & Learning as a registered USTA Adaptive Tennis program in Pennsylvania.
- USTA Middle States NetPLAY magazine (Summer 2013) featured Greater Pottstown Tennis Association (GPTA) in an article titled "Low Cost Means Big Growth for GPTA".
- Greater Pottstown Tennis Association won the 2012 USTA Middle States Community Tennis Association (CTA) of the Year award. The award honors a CTA which stands out as a leader in the Section, supporting community tennis programs and the local community.
- Chris Herdelin, Head Pro, achieved the 2012 Men's 35 Singles rankings of #1 in Middle States and #13 nationally.
- The Greater Pottstown Tennis & Learning Association (GPTL) formed in September 2012 as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
- Heather Gelting, GPTA President, received the 2011 USTA Middle States Philadelphia Area Tennis District (PATD)Volunteer of the Year award.
- Hrishikesh Pandey, GPTA Board member, programmed the online Post Scores system which allows League players to enter their own match scores and instantly view total points, rankings and all other match scores.
- Utkarsh Pandey, GPTA junior player, won the 2011 Billie Jean King Character Award.
- Diane Bachman, GPTA President, received the 2010 USTA Middle States Volunteer of the Year award.
- Greater Pottstown Tennis Association (GPTA) received the 2006 USTA Middle States Philadelphia Area Tennis District (PATD) Non-profit Organization of the Year award.